Ischemic Heart Disease
Ischemic heart disease or coronary heart disease, is a heart problem caused by narrowing of the coronary arteries. This causes less blood and oxygen to reach the heart.
Being that the heart is a muscle, it depends on a constant supply of oxygen and nutrients to flow through the coronary arteries. When the coronary arteries become clogged by fat and cholesterol deposits and can’t supply enough blood to the heart, the result is ischemic heart disease.
There are major risk factors for developing this type of heart disease.
However, there are environmental factors that you can eliminate to reduce your chances:
• Age: A large percentage of those who die of coronary heart disease are age 65 or older.
• Gender: Typically men are at greater risk of having a heart attack than women. They also tend to have heart attacks earlier in life than women.
• Smoking: Smoking doubles the risk of a heart attack vs. a nonsmoker.
• High Blood Cholesterol: As blood cholesterol levels increase, so does the risk of coronary heart disease.
• High Blood Pressure: High blood pressure forced the heart to overexert its muscles, which causes it to enlarge and weaken over time.
• Physical Inactivity: Regular, moderate activity is beneficial for the proper circulation of blood in the body.
• Obesity: An excess amount of weight strains the heart and raises the blood pressure and blood cholesterol levels.
• Diabetes: The presence of diabetes has an adverse affect on the heart because diabetes directly affects cholesterol and triglyceride levels. When glucose levels are elevated, the risk of heart disease is greatly increased.
See your doctor to rule out coronary heart disease if you have several risk factors.
Ischemic heart disease or coronary heart disease care at Advanced Cardiovascular Care Center
About Advanced Cardiovascular Care Center
Cardiology is an area of expertise under the umbrella of internal medicine. Cardiologists, who are physicians who specialize in the field, are educated in disorders of the heart and blood vessels. Additional members of the cardiology field include cardiac surgeons who perform cardiac surgery–operative procedures on the heart and great vessels. With the best and very experienced cardiologists of Houston, Advanced Cardiovascular Care Center provides treatment for Ischemic Heart Disease by requesting an appointment with Advancedcardiodr.com
Abdominal Aortic Aneurysm in Houston
An abdominal aortic aneurysm (AAA) is swelling in a portion of the aorta—the largest blood vessel in the body. The aorta runs from the heart to the chest and diaphragm to the lower abdomen. The aorta slowly and progressively dilates and may balloon to four or five times its normal size. The aortic wall thins out and becomes weakened as it dilates. This can cause the aneurysm which can clot, cause a small tear in the lining of the artery or break open and cause profuse bleeding. If an AAA ruptures, only immediate emergency surgery to replace or repair the ruptured aorta will save the patient.
The most common cause of an AAA is hardening of the arteries, called atherosclerosis. Other causes include:
• High blood pressure
• Cigarette smoking
• Tears in the artery wall
• Infections of the vessel wall
In most cases, an AAA will produce no symptoms, especially if the aneurysm is small. As the aneurysm grows, the patient may experience mild abdominal discomfort, back pain, or groin pain. As the aneurysm begins to rupture, the patient will experience sudden, very severe abdominal or back pain. Immediate medical attention is necessary for survival.
If an AAA is detected, surgery may be an option and is generally successful. For smaller AAAs, some surgeons recommend periodic follow-up with ultrasound scans. However, an AAA that is growing rapidly is a warning sign that needs to be addressed immediately.
Advanced Cardiovascular Care Center
- Nutrition counselingstarts with a thorough nutrition assessment utilizing nutritional history, medical history, body mass index, risk factor evaluation and lab work as needed.
- We offer a variety of educational handouts and materials to support healthy eating, grocery shopping, food preparation and dining out
- To a great degree, health is a product of the choices we make every day about what we eat, how much we exercise, and how knowledgeable we are about our own risks for disease
- Our energy level, ability to concentrate and manage our weight, blood sugar and cholesterol are greatly influenced by what and when we provide our bodies with the right mix of nutrients, in the right amounts
Advanced Cardiovascular Care Center
AdvancedCardiovascular Care Center is the best Houston Cardiologist provides the Nutrition Counseling in Houston.
Visit Advancedcardiodr.com and know more about the Nutrition Counseling. To get the service request an appointment.
Cardiac Catheterization & Stenting in Houston – Advanced Cardiovascular Care Center
A coronary catheterization is a procedure to access the coronary circulation and blood filled chambers of the heart by using a catheter. It is performed for both diagnostic and interventional treatment purposes.
Coronary catheterization and Stenting is one of the several cardiology diagnostic tests and procedures. Specifically, coronary catheterization is a visually interpreted test performed to recognize occlusion, stenosis, restenosis, thrombosis or aneurysmal enlargement of the coronary artery lumens; heart chamber size; heart muscle contraction performance; and some aspects of heart valve function. Important internal heart and lung blood pressures, not measurable from outside the body and it can be accurately measured during the test.
The relevant problems that the test deals with most commonly occur as a result of advanced atherosclerosis – atheroma is an activity within the wall of the coronary arteries. Less frequently, valvular, heart muscle, or arrhythmia issues are the primary focus of the test.
Click the link here and Request an appointment with Advanced Cardiovascular Care Center to get Cardiac Catheterization & Stenting in Houston
Advanced Cardiovascular Care Center
Advanced Cardiovascular Care Center offers cardiac services in a warm, comforting, relaxing atmosphere. The practice is committed to high quality patient care in an ever-changing health care environment.
The practice operates under the direction of Dr. Annie Varughese, Board-Certified in Cardiology and leading cardiology specialist providing treatment for heart attacks, angina, hypertension and all aspects of cardiology. The well-trained cardiology staff offers a variety of comprehensive, state-of-the-art services to diagnose, treat and manage heart disease. Our cardiac specialists improve the lives of thousands of patients every year using advanced surgical and non-surgical procedures.
The goal is to provide state-of-the-art cardiology care in a personal setting for our patients. We provide information for you and your family so you can understand the problem, tests and any recommended treatments.
We thank you for selecting Advanced Cardiovascular Care Center for you or your loved ones. We appreciate any suggestions how we might improve our service for you.
Services Offered byAdvanced Cardiovascular Care Center
To get the services from the best cardiologists of Houston click on the above links and request an appointment.
An arrhythmia is any disorder of your heart rate or rhythm. It means that your heart beats too quickly, too slowly, or with an irregular pattern. Most arrhythmias result from problems in the electrical system of the heart. If your arrhythmia is serious, you may need a cardiac pacemaker or an implantable cardioverter defibrillator (ICD). They are devices that are implanted in your chest or abdomen.
• A pacemaker helps control abnormal heart rhythms. It uses electrical pulses to prompt the heart to beat at a normal rate. It can speed up a slow heart rhythm, control a fast heart rhythm, and coordinate the chambers of the heart.
• An ICD monitors heart rhythms. If it senses dangerous rhythms, it delivers shocks. This treatment is called defibrillation. An ICD can help control life-threatening arrhythmias, especially those that can cause sudden cardiac arrest (SCA). Most new ICDs can act as both a pacemaker and a defibrillator. Many ICDs also record the heart’s electrical patterns when there is an abnormal heartbeat. This can help the doctor plan future treatment.
• Getting a pacemaker or ICD requires minor surgery. You usually need to stay in the hospital for a day or two, so your doctor can make sure that the device is working well. You will probably be back to your normal activities within a few days.
Advanced Cardiovascular Care Center :
Advanced Cardiovascular Care Center will provide the highest standard of excellence in Cardiovascular Care while exemplifying our ideals of customized patient care. Our goal is that of achieving superior patient satisfaction in every aspect of services given.
We perceive our organization as a team working towards one common goal, that of our patients’ good health and well being. To that end, we pledge our services.
Advanced Cardiovascular Care Center will provides the Pacemakers Difibrillators in Houston.
Click the link here and request an appointment to get the service.
Transesophageal ECHO -This is an alternative way to perform an echocardiogram. A specialized probe containing an ultrasound transducer at its tip is passed into the patient’s esophagus This allows image and Doppler evaluation which can be recorded. This is known as a transesophageal echocardiogram, or TOE (TEE in the United States). Transesophageal echocardiograms are most often utilized when transthoracic images are suboptimal and when a more clear and precise image is needed for assessment. This test is performed in the presence of a cardiologist, registered nurse, and ultrasound technician.
Advanced Cardiovascular Care Center Advanced Cardiovascular Care Center is the best Houston Cardiologist provides the highest standard connected with fineness with Cardio Attention even though exemplifying our ideas connected with customized sufferer proper care. The aim will be that connected with attaining outstanding sufferer fulfillment in each and every area of companies provided. We offer cardiac companies in a warm, comforting, soothing atmosphere. This training will be invested in excellent sufferer proper care within the ever-changing healthcare setting. To that end, we pledge our services. Get Transesophageal ECHO in Houston with the best cardiologists of Houston at Advanced Cardiovascular Care Center.Click the link here and know more about the Transesophageal ECHO and request an appointment to get the service.