Our Houston Cardiologist Dr. Annie explains clearly: A heart attack occurs when an artery that caries oxygen-rich blood to the muscle of the heart (myocardium) gets to be blocked. The ensuing absence of oxygen reasons tissue to die in the piece of the heart supplied by the blocked artery. A heart attack is additionally called a myocardial dead tissue (MI).
Most heart attack are in a roundabout way brought on by coronary artery disease (CAD) or Atherosclerosis, a condition in which fatty deposits (plaque) build up on the walls of an artery. This contracts the arteries and limits blood stream to the muscle of the heart. A heart attack is normally activated by a tear or crack of the plaque, which prompts the development of a blood coagulation that obstructs the blood stream in the vein. Spasm of the artery can likewise add to the blockage.
Our Cardiology Doctors reveals some Risk Factors
The danger elements for showing at least a bit of heart attack are like those for creating CAD.
Wild hazard components include:
- Early menopause
- Postmenopausal status
- Expanding age
- African American, Mexican American, American Indian, local Hawaiian, or Asian ethnicity
- Family history of cardiovascular sickness (These are sicknesses that influence the heart and veins.)
Danger calculates that you can control through way of life or treatment includes:
- Smoking or introduction to used smoke
- Large amounts of low- density lipoprotein (LDL) cholesterol
- Low levels of high- density lipoprotein (HDL) cholesterol
- Inactive way of life
- Corpulence and overweight (particularly when concentrated around the waist)
- Mental anxiety
Meet our heart doctors in Houston and know more side effects
The side effects of a heart attack may be much more inconspicuous in women than in men. Chest pain or inconvenience is commonly the most widely recognized side effect in men and women. On the other hand, women’s may be more prone to experience a portion of the other regular indications, especially shortness of breath, nausea or vomiting, and back or jaw torment.
Regular indications include:
- Nausea or vomiting
- Serious exhaustion
- Feelings of heartburn or indigestion in the upper abdomen
- Pain that radiates into the arms (on the left side more than the right)
- Pain high in the back, jaw, or neck
- Heart palpitations
- Profuse sweating
- Shortness of breath
- A fear of impending death
Diagnosis process explained by our top cardiologists in Houston
The accompanying tests may be carried out to affirm the analysis of a heart attack:
- Electrocardiogram (ECG) — this test records the electrical movement of the heart. It is utilized to check whether the heart muscle was harmed and where the harm is placed.
- Blood tests— these may incorporate checking levels of compounds, troponin levels, and different tests.
- Echocardiogram — this test uses high-recurrence sound waves to envision the heart’s structure and capacity.
- Myocardial perfusion scan —this output utilizes little measurements of a radioactive substance infused into the circulatory system to envision how well blood is sustaining the heart muscle.
- Coronary angiogram —this is an obtrusive test where a catheter is put into the expansive supply route in the crotch and after that exceptional up the aorta and to the heart. Intravenous (IV) complexity is infused into the courses to envision blockages.
Get best treatment by our cardiology doctor in Houston-Dr. Annie
Likewise with men, heart disease is the most obvious killer for women, as well. Women represent about a large portion of the passing from heart attack. This makes it particularly essential for women to perceive the indications and get quick care.
Medicinal consideration inside the first hour after the indications begin can fundamentally diminish the measure of heart harm. An electric shock utilising a defibrillator alongside intravenous pharmaceutical may be managed if the pulse is dangerously irregular. Supplemental oxygen is generally given to increase oxygen in the blood and minimise tissue damage. We Houston cardiologist, provide comprehensive diagnostic evaluations. Trans esophageal echo test services in Houston uses sound waves to make images of the heart.